Friday 23 August 2019

I hate rental inspections

I hate rental inspections - it feels like your life is being scrutinised rather than your home. My HA conducted one yesterday and I had been dreading it. I hate inspections too even though I get why they are necessary. I think they should give you a shorter window of time than all day.


I like to be there too.

My first inspection in my current rental I wanted to reschedule because me and my then 3yr old dd was sick with flu and very high temperature. They refused so while dd was asleep and I was barely conscious I had this young man poking. To hate rental inspections ? Letting agent is coming anytime between now and 5:30. I absolutely dread these things. I know they are necessary, but I find the whole thing really intrusive an.


How often should a rental property be inspected? Are landlords allowed to inspect your apartment?

What are the legal requirements for tenants? What is a routine apartment inspection? The biggest mistake people make when it comes to rental inspections is leaving it all until the night before. Not only does this contribute to the stress of getting everything looking fabulous, but it leaves you feeling pretty damn exhausted the next day. I never clean extra for a rental inspection and I have never had comments about it.


Renting an apartment from a landlord or property manager comes with the understanding that the space is not going to be yours forever. Most rental contracts include clauses that allow a landlord to make annual or bi-annual inspections of a property. This is usually to establish what needs repairing and often landlords will do the annual gas safety check on the your boiler at the same time and bring an engineer with them. It also involves a bit of snooping to allow the landlord to check if you are treating the property well. The way Aussie renters are treated like second class citizens is disgusting.


It sounds like you have a good relationship with your landlord though, who has the final say in things, so hopefully that works out well for you. Routine inspections are carried out to ensure the property is well cared for and to check if there are any maintenance or health and safety issues. However the tenant should have the property in a good condition. If you’re a landlord that’s allowing complete strangers rent your property, I highly recommend getting rent guarantee and legal expenses insurance.


The policies are relatively inexpensive, and could potentially save you a heap of money. Landlord rental Insurance can cover loss in rent and legal.

My tenant isn’t exactly refusing me access in order to take viewings, but she’s making it incredibly difficult, consequently forcing me to have terrible thoughts, which all usually conclude with her crying like a blubbering baby, while I’m holding her bloody heart up in the air like a prized trophy and laughing like a hyena blitzed on amphetamine. These inspections need to stop if we all as tennents come together and refuse on mass in the millions then they will have to stop these home invasions they are a cruel reminder that you dont own your own house and its still theres since these intrusive attacks on our lives started i cannot settle in any property i rent. All propertys should be owned by the goverment these landlords think they. A rental property inspection checks the overall condition of a rental property to determine whether it’s livable or not. Conducting rental inspections on a quarterly basis is an effective way to.


The protection these Acts provide extends into the rental sector and subsequently provisions must be made to ensure that a property meets these standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.