Friday 24 February 2017

A letter to the man who made me a single mom

I laid my head in your arms as you looked down at me and told me you loved me. Sometimes I miss the old life I use to have, the one I shared with you. Reality hits me though, and the little girl that you wanted nothing to do with looks at me and smiles.


Fred , I couldn’t imagine trading her for the world. There are days that I wish I di that I wish I coul that I could be that type of person who hated you so much I could spit on your grave when you died. As a single mom I really appreciate you sharing your letter to the single mom you dated.

It means a lot to me because it is the words that I often wish I heard from the men I dated. So I decided to write my heart, from me to all of you, in the hopes that it blesses you or gives you a glimpse into the world of being a single mom. I am single and I have one child (under age 5). But I freaking hate that term.


I hate the stereotype that comes along with it. It’s just been me and him for the last two years. I don’t want anyone’s pity. Not that I neglect or deliberately ignore speaking about this, but to me , I believe a mom is a mom regardless of the circumstance.


Thank you for your interest in dating a single mother.

Listed realities are as follows: 1. Love, (T.W.L), a Working Mom Blog Community for all busy moms and milspouses. This is a motherhood community with a passion for writing and being a working mom. She is loved more than she can imagine, spoiled beyond belief and has a healthy and clean environment to strive in.


I live with my parents and have hit quite a few rough patches here lately. I’m not a perfect mom. To the One Who Made Me a Mom, Growing up, I never really had an urgent need to one day be a mom. As life goes, things happen when they happen, and the day came when I had you.


I was years young. I am sorry that I can’t give you the one thing that you need—a man in your life who shows up every single day, no matter what. Being a single mom meant you, and only you, had to bring home the bacon. The kind of man whose unconditional love, time and attention won’t ever be something that is questioned. A man who is as warm as the bright sun and as constant as the moon.


Today she is happily married and I am now the grandmother of my two beautiful granddaughters. An thanks to this experience, I can write this article. We have had no option but to be this way. Single mothers are strong and independent.


We have had our fair share of life experiences and in the end these experiences have only made us stronger.

So, any man looking to date a single mother needs to be able to handle an independent woman. T he divorce was a long time coming. God knows how hard you tried to make the marriage work. In the en we realised that my father had crawled into a place too dark and deep for you to follow. I can only hope to one day be half as great as you.


I know being a single mom was difficult. To the man who hopes to date me : There are a few things that you need to know when it comes to dating me. First of all, I am a single mother of two children. You are incredible. My kids are my world and I would do anything for them.


The night you were born, Poppa wrote a letter to me … a kind of “welcome to parenthood” type letter that believe it or not, I still have. It was a beautiful letter , with lots of thought and love. Most of all, you always made sure that I grew up with the right values to get me through life.


Though there were tough times in our lives, you made sure to keep me safe through it all. I know that if you had it your way, you would have spoiled me. But you always made sure there was balance in my life. Juggling the role of single mom and career woman is tough and extremely exhausting, says Harvey, especially when you have children under 10.


Sometimes a simple back rub or foot massage and a home cooked meal may be a great pick- me -up to rejuvenate the spirit. A man who has taught me integrity, depth, and thoughtfulness, A man who has been the best example of male love that I could ever ask for A man who loves you a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.