Friday 31 March 2017

A letter to my college bound son

A letter to my college bound son

You’re a handsome guy with a nice smile and you’ll be on the football team. Don’t use your charm to take advantage of young ladies, the admiration of others, or to gain opportunities you can work to obtain. Your dad knew I was the one from the moment he met me.


To My Son , So now you are going off to college , spreading your wings, moving forward into your future. I am excited and saddened for the experiences yet to come. There is so much I want to tell you and to remind you about, including things I have said before. I didn’t know how to mark this passage in time…just new I wanted to do something. As my heart breaks a little, here’s the last-minute advice I gave that I hope he takes to heart.


As my son prepares to head off to college and the start of his adult life away from home, my stomach. Son , There is a tradition of parents writing an obligatory college drop off letter to your freshman college student. I have read a few examples, and some of them are beautiful, poignant. They are to offer advice and throw out some words of encouragement.


A letter to my college bound son

Sure, I expected you to go an in turn, you expected nothing less from yourself. College is a Privilege. We’ve done everything we can to prepare them for it, and yet, we aren’t ready to say goodbye. In her letter to her college - bound daughter, Momentum Board Member Mahra Pailet captures these feelings beautifully.


My heart and head inhabit conflicting worlds. Time no longer makes sense. Dear Dave, There are certain things you should know upon leaving for college.


I’ll save most of the “sentimental crap,” as you so eloquently call it, for later. Although my college days were oh, so long ago, there are certain things that never change: 1. Today is for practical advice. One article identified patron saints to pray for your college - bound.


The goo the ba the exciting, the scary. I want the best for him and I also want to protect him and arm him with as much information as I can shove at him in the coming months. By Deborah Mitchell, Special to CNN.


A letter to my son as he leaves for college. So while I said my (yes, teary) goodbye and gave a lasting long hug at SFO, I had already imparted a full dose of free advice for my college bound progeny. My hand crafted note card laid out three simple rules for my daughter to live by beginning her first day of college , with the high hopes that this wisdom will ensure she sails through these. As a parent, you want to leave your child on an upbeat note, and you may try to squelch any worry or sadness. Before she leaves, I have to write a letter to my college bound daughter… Dear daughter, A few short weeks from now, you’ll be double checking suitcases, book bags, and new student lists as you prepare to leave your home and enter the world of higher education.


First, I will share a version of this letter , advice for the college student, addressed specifically to your child. It’s your turn now, my beautiful son. So, my dear Max, there’s my shpiel. There are some other things I want to discuss…we’ll save them for the next jacuzzi.


Forgive your parents, Samuel. My daughter will be going to college in a couple of days, I am here right now in diner thinking what else I could done to make it easy for both of us and the rest of family, your letter is very fearful and almost like exactly what it is, thanks for the inspiration. This is all healthy and good. As my eldest heads to campus, her old man has a few parting financial tips. By Dan Kadlec, Money magazine.


Faced with a college - bound chil I decided that writing a letter to my daughter was the best way to capture the moment while still letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.