Thursday 18 October 2018

Letter to my grown son

We are currently – and still – strengthening our relationship (YAY!) and I obtained his permission to publish this on my blog. As you continue to grow and become an adult, you will live your own life. You will fall in love, and you will have your heart broken.


He filled me up with friendships and mentors that helped me find my way when I was lost. He sprinkled my path with bread crumbs, so that each day I found myself with the manna I needed to do the task before me. That’s not to say things were always rainbows and roses.

Being just a hair past childhood myself, I made my share of mistakes. Rejection in a romantic love relationship is deeply painful, but from a son, the wound cannot heal over with time. I can’t replace you with a new beau.


I know that you think that I should be happy,. It matters to me that we all do one thing very well – be LOVE. When you spoke your first wor when you walked your first steps, I was your biggest. You pay child support, repay debts, pay something towards your keep. I can only pray that we enjoy the joy of being the parents of and relateing to such wonderful family a while longer.


You have motivated me to write a similar letter to my kids.

Dear Estranged Adult Sons and Daughters , This open letter is for you. Every single day I hear from mothers and fathers who are grieving your loss. Sample Letter of Encouragement to Motivate My Son. You won’t remember, but I will… and I’ll hold these memories in my heart for the both of us. As a parent, it is your duty to appreciate and encourage your son.


There are times that a few words of encouragement can give him all the power and energy to work with more dedication and force to achieve his goals. We must not forget that as our children grow up, they face toughest challenges of life and a letter of encouragement from their parents can prove to be the best thing in the hard times. A Letter to My Son Spread kindness like wildfire. Your dad was the epitome of kindness. Everywhere he went and to everyone he met, he.


Be brave and courageous. There will be times in your life where you’d rather hide or run or bury your head in the sand. To my future son , I wish it were easy to tell you what being a man entails, all I can say is that for most of your life you will battle between who you think you want to be, and who you truly are. Society will tell you that being a man means muscles, and a sports car, and a wall street job with a 401k. I have already begun to.


Conclude your letter with a closing of your choice. The typical closing for a friendly letter is Sincerely or Sincerely yours, but you might find Love to be more appropriate depending on your relationship. Sign the letter below the closing, using either your full name or the name by which your son refers to you.


Come to reason well.

Never let your sense of wonder be taken from you by the jaded misers of age and experience. The author, Jerry Tujague, is the Director of Technology at a Catholic high school in Kansas City, and he is the father of seven (7) children - sons, daughters. Jerry wrote this letter to his sons and was asked to read it to all the junior boys on the school’s junior class retreat.


To my Dear son Jeff, I want to apologize to you from the depths of my soul for how my actions became so totally out of control, resulting in tremendous hurt to you and Kyle. Too many things are often left unsai like I love you or I appreciate you or I admit it, Toy Story made me cry. In the wake of losing my Dad and my sister-in-law, I was left completely shaken, worried that something could happen to me (like a tragic softball accident where I hit a game-winning grand slam an upon crossing home plate, I spontaneously combust) and my daughters would be.


Xxxxx, my only chil my son , I put you first from the day u were born until the day you left home, over years from the time I learned of you and later felt u move inside me. A mother's letter to her adult daughter. It was like breathing to me.


After sharing a few thoughts, I scripted the following and sent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.