Monday 5 November 2018

Letter to my inlaws

Letter to my inlaws

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. I wanted to start off by saying thank you. To My Future In-Laws , Thank you.


Thank you for raising your son to be the man he is today, thank you for raising him in the manners and love of others. I may or may not know you yet, but know that you have done these things because I would not be marrying him otherwise. An open Letter to my In-Laws. The letter I always wanted to write. You have taught him to be brave and kind.


W ell here we are, years have passed since I became your mother-in-law and we are still speaking to each other as you approach your 40th birthday. You love me like I was one of your own children which makes me feel like one of the luckiest girls in the world. You not only watch my children but you have slipped me money when I’ve gone out the door for girls weekends.


You give the best gifts from shoes to clothes to Anthropologie happiness. It was not long before I became your daughter-in-law and I could not have felt more loved if I was your actual daughter. Things did not stay easy for long, as it was only six months into our. I’m not nor would I ever try to take him away from you.


However, please understand that he’s now also someone’s husband. He’s going to create traditions and a family of his own. The letter you always wanted to write. A letter to … my in-laws, who are apathetic grandparents. There was no indication.


Letter to my inlaws

A thank you note to my in-laws this has nothing to do with this post, but I love you Tuck! Should I say dear Mr and Mrs…. I haven’t met you yet,so I do not know how to properly address you. Like any other girl, I also had fears about dealing with in-laws when I got married but how heartwarmingly you welcomed me home and made me comfortable, vanished all my doubts and insecurities.


The way you always treat me as your child is so endearing and I feel so blessed to have you as my father-in-law. Open your letter with a sincere, simple beginning. If you have children from the marriage, let her know that her grandchildren miss her, too. My mum was born in Mauritius, she moved to the UK when she was a baby in the ‘50s.


My parents, who have been together since the ‘80s have never addressed the issue of race. I think they just wanted to keep their heads down in the hope that things would get better. Racist comments like those from my uncle are commonplace at my family gatherings. This Mother’s Day, Edric and I wrote individual letters to her. To my future daughters-in-law, I have a few things I want to say to you.


This can’t possibly cover it all, but luckily, we have some time. I don’t know you yet, but already, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.